It’s 2015 and we are open for business! StartupAwards.SK, a competition for Slovak early-stage tech companies with global potential, has opened its gates to applications. Eligible startups may apply by October 17, 2015 and get a chance to present in front of 500+ top investors, entrepreneurs and corporate managers at the final pitching event and award ceremony held on November 27, 2015 at the historical building of the Slovak National Theater in Bratislava.
Submit your project and get selected as a finalist in one of the four categories:
- Digital: Pure code. Software. Web. Mobile. Social. Hyperlocal. Think dating apps. Think big data. Think enterprise software. Think magic on screen.
- Science: You spent a bit of time in a lab. Your team knows PhDs and patents. Think revolutionary inventions. Think hardware. Think Tesla. And Sklodowski.
- Art & Design: Innovation by design. Art meets business. Think 3D-printed fashion. Think art-collecting algorithms. Think gaming. Think Florence in virtual reality.
- Society: Social impact is what drives you. Technology means helping others. Think telemedicine. Think affordable Internet. Think what Mother Theresa would do with an iPhone.
- Win a 5K cash prize to go on a business/innovation trip of your dreams. Some of our previous winners have gone on to Silicon Valley, Israel, Brazil, UK, Italy, Las Vegas and many more exciting places.
- Find an investor like our alumni who have raised over EUR 6M and counting in funding. While we do not offer a specific investor or investment size as our prize, we do see a lot of our finalists and winners get offers from investors who are present at the final. Many of our jury members are well-connected individuals with venture fund links abroad, including Silicon Valley, London, Finland, Berlin and more.
- Get exposure in local and foreign media. Our companies get an amazing amount of attention from the local media immediately following the final, but we have had coverage in multiple tech media outlets across Europe. Some of our finalists get tweeted about by Ashton Kutcher. Seriously.
- Receive high-quality mentoring from real investors and successful entrepreneurs. Our pre-selection Bootcamp reserved for 20 semi-finalists is a reason to apply in and of itself. Our mentors are seasoned individuals, having run (and in some cases already exited) their own companies, running corporations, having or invested their own money into technology companies over the years. You will leave the Bootcamp, held over a weekend in an undisclosed location, with fresh ideas and concrete steps on how to make your tech company succeed.
- Meet the best and brightest from Slovakia to Silicon Valley at the final. Both our semi-final selection Bootcamp and the final event are a great place to meet like-minded pioneers, inventors, investors from all over. Our after parties are known for finding people co-founders, investors, and even life partners.
Who can apply?
- Slovakia-based companies
- Companies with at least one Slovak founder
- Scalable businesses
- Focus on digital, science, art & design or social innovation
The time is ticking, the deadline is October 17 at 23:59 CET. Ready, set, go!